Vocal and Choral
Music for Dance
- All words begin as silence (2020) for solo voice. Premiered by Stephanie Lamprea, June 1, 2020
- Magnificat and Nunc dimittis (2019) for choir (SATB). Premiered by the Emulate Chamber Ensemble, Ryan Keebaugh, conductor, February 3rd, 2019
- Masonic Mass (2018) for choir (SATB). Commissioned by the Winchester Hiram Masonic Lodge. Premiered by the Emulate Chamber Ensemble, Ryan Keebaugh, conductor, September 29th, 2018
- Living Light (2018) for choir (SAB). Commissioned and premiered by the James Wood Middle School Choir, Tracey Wygal Withrow, conductor, May 14th, 2018
- seven meditations (2017) for solo voice. Premiere: October 21, 2017
- sleepless cycle (2017) for solo voice. Commissioned by Megan Ihnen, mezzo-soprano.
- the twilight of such day (2015) for choir (SSAA divisi). Commissioned by the Shenandoah Conservatory Cantus Singers, Karen Keating, conductor.
- burning dawn (2015) for choir (SSAA divisi). Commissioned by Shekinah.
- beyond ideas (2015) for choir (SATB divisi). Commissioned by The Eastern Mennonite University Chamber Singers, Ken Nafziger, conductor.
- Our Father (2014) for choir (SSAA). Premiere: November 15, 2014.
- ...thy light which is brighter than the sun and the moon (2014) for choir (SATB) and string quartet. Commissioned and premiered by Winchester Musica Viva, May 2014.
- In the Dooryard (2013) for mezzo-soprano and piano. Premiere: Sarah Maines, July 13, 2 BC 013
- enlighten the darkness of my heart (2012), for choir (SATB) a cappella.
- Absalom (2012) for choir (SSAATTBB) a cappella.
- The Suffering Servant (2012) for choir (SATB). Premiere: Bridgewater Alumni Choir, Summer 2012
- Goodbye (2011) for choir (SATB) a cappella. Premiere: Clarke County High School, December 5th, 2011.
- by the spledor of the moon (2011) for choir (SSAA), a cappella.
- Ayin (2011) for choir (SATB), a cappella. Premiere: Winchester Musica Viva, Ken Nafziger, cond., (5/28/2011)
- moon cycles (2010) for choir (SSAA), a cappella. Premiere: James Wood High School Women’s Choir, Tom Law, cond.Spring 2011
- stilLness (2008) for choir (SSAATTBB), a cappella. Premiere: Millbrook High School Choir, Brian Kelly, cond.,(4/2010)
- Body and Blood (2006) for choir (SATB), a cappella. Premiere: Grace United Methodist Church, Ryan Keebaugh, cond., 2/2006)
- …the last words (2005) for soprano and alto soloists, choir (SATB), violin, and piano. Premiere: The Catholic University Chamber Choir, Gregg Martin, cond., (4/2007), Winchester Musica Viva, Ken Nafziger, cond., (2/26.27/2010), (4/17/2010).
- silentium (2020) for string quartet
- i carry your heart (2019) for mezzo-soprano and bassoon. Dedicated to Megan Ihnen.
- another name for every thing (2019) for violin. Dedicated to Joan Griffing, violin
- light bearer (2019) for flute and cello. Commissioned by Terra Voce. Premiered April 12th, 2019, Eastern Mennonite University, Harrisonburg, VA.
- meditations (2018) for solo vielle. Commissioned by David McCormick.
- two preludes for nothing (2017) for piano. Commissioned by Clement Acevedo.
- be still (2017) for piano. Commissioned by Holly Roadfeldt.
- still time (2016) for string quartet.
- radiant, yet invisible (2016) for violin and viola. Commissioned by Diane Phoenix-Neal.
- The Human One (2015) for string trio. Commissioned and premiered by Musica Harmonia, June 2015.
- Thread Prelude (2015) for solo piano. Commissioned by Holly Roadfeldt. Premiere March 1st, 2015.
- consider and answer me (2014) for solo flute. Commissioned by Erin Hershey. Premiere March 22nd, 2015.
- Kontakia (2014) for solo cello. Commissioned and premiered by Aleksander Tengesdal, November 2014.
- Fanfare and Meditations (2013) for organ. Premiere: Dan Miller, Grace Episcopal Church, May 2014.
- Circumambulation (2013) sound event for solo or multiple performers.
- Descent into Madness (2013) for voice, and chamber ensemble. Commissioned by Sesquisharp Productions. Premiere: March 2, 2013, Ottawa, Ontario.
- Into the Dark (2012) for percussion ensemble.
- Protocol (2011) for percussion ensemble. Commissioned by the Clarke County High School Percussion Ensemble
- Shards (2007-2008) for piano. Premiere: Shard I, Scot Hawkins, piano (11/2007), April 17th, 2010 (complete set)
- Tricells (2005) for piano. Premiere: Yufen Chou, piano (11/2006)
- Love is not all (2004) for soprano, viola, and piano. Premiere: Erin Riley, soprano, Mathew Solomen ,viola, Jan Wagner, Piano (4/2004)
- Symphony no. 1, Dona Nobis Pacem (2017) for choir and orchestra. Commissioned by Eastern Mennonite University. Premiere: November 11, 2017
- Shenandoah (2013) for chorus and wind ensemble. Commission from James Wood High School Chorus and Wind Ensemble. Premiere: May 23, 2013
- Prismatic Boundaries (2013) for wind ensemble. Commission from the Composers in Schools in Concert for Kettle Run High School. Premiere: May 23, 2013
- Lux Aeterna (2012) for choir (SSAATTBB) and string orchestra.
- ConstruXion (2011) for marching band. Commission from the Clarke County High School Marching Band.
- Storm Chasers (2011) for marching band.
- Legends of the Colosseum (2011) for marching band.
- Perpetual Motion (2010) for marching band.
- ripples through a disclosed space (2009) for double choir and orchestra.
- Aurora (2009) for orchestra.
- Lunar Fields (2008) for chamber orchestra.
- Resonet in Laudibus (2008) for choir (SATB) and orchestra. Commission from The Catholic University of America Chorus & Symphony Orchestra, Leo Nestor & David Searle, conductors. Premiere: December 5th 2008, televised on EWTN.
- The Gray Steward (2008) for chamber orchestra. Commission from The Catholic University of America Benjamin T. Rome School of Music, President’s Festival 2008. Premiere: February 2008
Music for Dance
- Alice in Wonderland (2020), in collaboration with Italia Performing Arts, Winchester, VA.
- in solitude (2020)
- Abandoned (2020), collaboration with photographer, Alyssa Hussey.
- Meditations (2012)
- w(h)ite-was(h) (2011)
- white silence (2010)